Friday 26 December 2014

Z for 'is 'at!

(Remember the Cockney alphabet? A for 'orses, B for mutton?)

All set to go this Boxing Day morning, bag packed with the day's essentials. iPad, beach towel, sketch book, mineral water.

Picked up keys, hankie, wallet and mobile and stuffed them in trouser pockets...

Hat.

Not in my room. Shit. Where is it?

Definitely had it when I came off yesterday's early a.m boat trip (to see dolphins and land on Butterfly Beach.)






Two possibilities. MICKEY'S NAUGHTY CORNER, where I'd spent most of yesterday after the boat trip, or claimed by the next high tide after I'd fallen asleep on the beach at about 11 last night (don't ask.)

Mickey's didn't have it. Damn damn DAMN! God's way of saying don't go ordering a double coconut fenni, (home distilled and of high but unknown proof) on the rocks, if you're not used to it...

I was grievin for the titfer when I remembered Breakfast at Namaste's. (Enter Holly Golightly.)

I could have hugged the waiter who went out back and came back holding this year's best Christmas present. He recognised the Free Tibet badge. He was, he said, from Dharamshala; and understood.

Here's yesterday in pictures. But don't be deceived, it wasn't all beer and skittles. Slapping a brave face on the moments of chagrin too. Breathe in, breathe out, and get on with it...











No comments:

Post a Comment