Wednesday 11 March 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes....

So how is it all to end?

I had plans to stay in Thiruvananthapuram, still thankfully known by its old Colonial name of Trivandrum, time for a last bit of flânering, some day trips out, and then a flight to Delhi and home.
But this is India and things never turn out as you might plan...
Trivandrum soon got the better of my lungs (again). Exhaust emissions, southern dust, methane bubbling up from the open sewers, the everlasting bonfires of plastic rubbish burning in the streets.

So I did the bare essentials: zoo (apparently the animals here were the inspiration for those in The Life of Pi, but I only found pacing tigers and a forlorn zebra kept in solitary), the market, The Southern Tip, and a day out in the hills where an elephant sanctuary did something to redress the balance... Eleven of them; all in rehab.

Time with Elephants, and some special memories.

And then I made other plans...








No comments:

Post a Comment