Friday 6 February 2015

Ars longa, vita brevis

Arrived in Kochi on the 1st, and here I am, five days on, still wondering what to make of it, and what to make of myself for still wondering... But I shalln't be moving on just yet.
The city is midway through its international biennale. Six major venues and countless other small spaces, (think Edinburgh in August) and free film festival thrown in. Some big names here too - Yoko Ono, Anish Kapoor, Martin Creed. So I am being held here by Art; something that for me transcends most things. And for the time being it has brought my passage through India to a halt, to discover that the philosophical, social, political and environmental preoccupations of Indians, Chinese, Americans, Australians and Europeans are much the same, however culturally expressed...










No comments:

Post a Comment