Wednesday 18 February 2015

Moving on...

Well the mood of tristesse brought on by the air ticket was short lived. It was just that for the first time in four months I'd committed to more than two or three days ahead, and what felt like the end of freewheeling didn't sit easily.

But wait a minute! I still have four whole weeks before me! One fifth of the journey still lies ahead! I am constantly meeting travellers who are here for that long in total, and who intend to see and do far more than I could contemplate; distance no object. An age thing, I conclude.

By way of farewell to Kochi revisited the best bits of The Biennale, treated myself to a second Kathakali performance, and yesterday I prised myself away by ferry, rickshaw and  rattlebus for a short hop south to Alleppey, "The Venice of India"... I've booked in for a week.










No comments:

Post a Comment