Thursday 22 January 2015

Stuck in a past I never knew...

Moving on from Mysore is proving difficult. I know that just a few bumpy hours away lie hills, mountains, The Western Ghats, coffee and spice plantations, and the remote possibility of seeing a tiger; but this city, with its crumbling mixture of Regency and Art Deco buildings, not out of place in Brighton, Cheltenham or on Margate sea front, is just the place for a prolonged flaner. So that's what it must be.

So why difficult? Nostalgia for a past I never experienced first hand. The 1920's and 30's, a time my own parents looked back on as Happy Days. I am caught up in something transmitted to me as a child by them... and unexpectedly, I'm having to work on it.

Right now the wifi at the Golden Rays Lodge has been out of action for 48 hours. If and when reconnected I'll add a few photos.

And here they are:








No comments:

Post a Comment