Sunday 19 October 2014

A false alarm

(should anyone wish to know) and the Immodium remains in the medicine bag.

Guide books, and others with far greater travel experience than mine (including the nurse at the GPs' Travel Clinic) have shared with me these past months tales of  their first hand experience of "Delhi belly", or horror stories about "someone they know who..."

They ended up side by side on hospital beds both of them on drips

He was really ill. I had to buy a course of antibiotics for him
   
...decided to get the next flight home...

Took pills every day and were the only ones in their party who didn't get ill

So I'm playing safe, not eating salads, and trying to keep my mouth shut in the shower. And I'm travelling with 153 days' supply of probiotic pills in The Medicine Bag, and a similar quantity of water purifying tablets. I am also convinced that every mouthful of food and drink I have will be the one to bring it on...

Tut! This neurotic obsession of mine has really got to be overcome.

(From FF  in Bikaner)

No comments:

Post a Comment