Thursday 16 October 2014

As I walked out...

A day of  bright Gloucestershire sunshine. Makes me think of that Mid-Summer Morning at Stonehenge, but the light is more mellow...emotionally speaking. Thoughts of Laurie Lee (it's the centenary of his birth too,)  as I fasten the clips on my rucksack and slip the iPad into its special pocket in my cabin bag.. Not for me the tin of treacle biscuits and a violin in a blanket, a small rolled up tent and a hazel stick in hand...

I've just been re-reading that opening chapter and still find it inspiring.

It sent me to France in 1966, '7 and '8;  and 1969 into Spain as far as Toledo.

...and now India awaits.

My head's awhizz with excitement... But that "confident belief in good fortune" as Laurie puts it, I'm less sure of... Hey Welsh Granny! Pull us a pint of it please!

See you at the other end - and if you can lay your hands on a copy, you read that first chapter too.

Intoxicating.


2 comments:

  1. May your wings be lifted by light and balmy currents.....send you marvelling round the globe.....beat a little to slow you down as you land......and fold over your nose warm at night.

    ReplyDelete