Monday 20 October 2014

The Delhi Experience (part 2)

Must find someone to put my trust in. Not easy. A tuk-tuk driver. Student. Making a bit of extra cash during the Diwali Holidays. But he had no better luck finding the Prince Polonia, and suggested ringing them.

I watched him dial, he handed me his phone.

Hallo. Yes. No. Very sorry. Hotel now full. No room. It's gone. Festival time. No. Yes. Very sorry.

Shit.

I ask to go to the government tourist office but get taken to a dodgy outfit. We end up at what I believed to be the real thing but didn't find out til too late that it wasn't. Three cups of sweetened chai and I could feel the silken threads binding lightly around the wounds of the Bewilderedbeast. Never my intention but I signed up for a tour of Rajasthan by private car. Three days in, and I have been to places wi-fi doesn't reach, and it is simply amazing...


No comments:

Post a Comment