Thursday 9 October 2014

A Family Send-off!


27/28th Sept, a very special Gatherin in Bristol. Cheers Col', seeya Dad, 'bye Grumps.

Off you go, Father! Just go! You don't need to worry about us, we'll be all right. (And we won't be worryin too much about you either!)

Permission granted, and gratefully received.

It struck me, that weekend, how very adult we were all becoming. I felt really proud of them - and I quietly hoped they felt a little bit the same about me... Going to India might be an achievement, but here was gathered My Greatest Achievement of All...  And the sweet sorrow of parting? Yes. Thank you Shakespeare. That will be all...









1 comment:

  1. The sweet sorrows of farewells can truly be equaled, nay, surpassed by the delights of welcomes. Fond hugs, corny jokes and Good Times await you on these (chaotic and stinky) shores. Hit the road, pal!

    ReplyDelete