Tuesday 4 November 2014

Bringing it all back home

Got an e-mail today from Bangaloru. KK tells me his parents are on a tour of hereabouts and were probably at the same Border Closing ceremony as the one I was at. Saturday 1st Nov.

We were not likely to have met because foreigners and nationals get treated differently here, and I was seated in a segregated compound, having passed through numerous security checks.

Had dinner tonight at a Japanese restaurant with Farenjinan and her Norwegian friend who knew Cirencester, Avebury, The Ridgeway, (my old neck of the woods,) and whose daughter lives in Bath!

And who told me of the recent bombing at The Border Ceremony.

Back in guest house I do some Goggle Homework. Hindustan Times reports an 18 year old Taliban suicide bomber blew himself up and managed to kill 55 people and injure many more on the Pakistan side of the border on Sunday 2nd.

The ceremony has now been suspended.

I hope you got your dates right KK, and that all is well.

(Below. Looking into Pakistan on Saturday.)

F

No comments:

Post a Comment